We will explain your rights as a parent and how to obtain orders in the best interests of your children – to protect them from harm, stop them from being moved without your consent, have them returned after a period of contact or how to obtain orders for the granting of more time with your children.
We can also help you to seek orders allowing you to take your children on an overseas holiday and orders to restrain your children from being removed from Australia.
Your rights as a spouse to protect what you have brought to the relationship or inherited, will be clarified.
We can assist with seeking:
- orders or agreement to acknowledge your work in obtaining the property and improving and maintaining it.
- orders to keep the property
- orders to ensure you are aware of all joint property so you can make an informed decision
- orders to discharge you from liability for the mortgage
- orders to sell the house to avoid foreclosure and safely invest the funds in an interest bearing account while you and your ex spouse work out details
Your rights as an extended family member – We can advise regarding the rights of extended family members such as grandparents and other special persons like non biological IVF donors and same-sex parents, to seek orders regarding children.
We also advise on many other family law issues, including those involving adoption, donor or non-biological same-sex parents and child support.