At Thornton Storgato Law our principal Martina Thornton Storgato has worked in the legal industry since 1994, admitted with Honours as a solicitor in 1999 and has practised exclusively in Family Law since 2000. She holds a Masters Degree exclusively focused in Family Law and is trained in Collaborative Law. Our experience means we will cut to the chase. We know family law. We won’t be learning a new area of the law at your expense.
We have represented clients in parenting cases
- involving orders determining who a child/children will live with and who a child/children will spend time with;
- deciding whether a child/children can be relocated and/or change schools;
- comprising representations of parental sexual misconduct, or establishing parentage;
- involving children with special needs;
- for the urgent return of a child when weekend contact orders have been breached and the child not returned;
- Hague Convention cases resulting in the return of children overseas;
- Child Support Agreements including provision for private school fees, private health insurance, costs for extra-curricular activities.
We have also represented clients to divide their marital assets/property
- obtaining or resisting spousal maintenance
- retaining an interest in an inheritance to the exclusion of the other party
- proving another party has wasted assets which should be added back to the pool as an asset already in the hands of the other spouse
We have drafted orders which obtain transfer of a home from one spouse to the other
- obtaining a stamp duty exemption for that party saving tens of thousands of dollars
- arranging for the discharge of the mortgage removing one or both spouses from the debt
- obtaining urgent orders stopping (injuncting) a party from fleeing overseas
- stopping a party from moving money outside of Australia out of a client’s reach
We have many years experience assisting clients resolve family law disputes.
Your matter will be handled professionally, knowledgeably and with sensitivity, while keeping you informed of the potential outcomes and costs and all the while keeping you informed. Where litigation is required, Martina is able to draw upon many years of litigation experience to help you make your case and/or test any allegations you deny. We recommend that you don’t pursue every single possible argument and but that you meet well those that the Law requires of you, in order to prove your case. We routinely negotiate binding outcomes for clients, at the same time avoiding court by engaging in mediation, collaborative law and effective and proactive settlement discussions.
We appreciate that legal fees are an unwanted expense so ours are competitive by offering a flat hourly rate, no hidden internal charges or costs (with limited exceptions) (not available on Saturdays) a flat rate of $420 for your first consultation.
Martina Storgato is a family lawyer, married and herself a mother. She holds a Masters Degree exclusively focused in Family Law. This required five years of additional study exclusively in the area of Family Law. She is also a trained Collaborative Lawyer.
Martina is a Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia, the Law Society of New South Wales, the North Metropolitan Law Society and a member of Playgroup NSW Inc.